Wednesday, June 3, 2009

El Baño


"The Throne", "The John", whatever you may call it, we all take our trips to visit it. On my daily visit today, semi-urgent I mind you, a gentleman in much more dire straits quickly followed me into the bathroom.

Judging by the jingling of his belt in the stall next to me I wouldn't be alone. Seeking solitude I made my way upstairs.

Again, occupied bathroom. Luckily on the next floor I was finally alone. While there I couldn't help but wondering, what others in my situation would have done? Which led me to another question, where do we learn our toilet etiquette from?

The only knowledge I have is from television, or movies. Ace Ventura and Austin Powers immediately come to mind.

I personally like to take some sink-dampened TP with me to the battlefront. Tom Arnold's method of using toilet bowl water just doesn't sit well with me.

Any other "Throne Rituals" vital to your lavatory visits? Pet Peeves?

No comments:

Post a Comment